Monday, October 15, 2007

Update

O.k.,O.k., I know that the picture of my three adorable brothers was getting a little old, but I had to wait until I could find time to sit and breathe!!! The last few weeks have been a little bit crazy. We went the ranch on conference weekend. We had such a great time. We made Luke pick all of the apples and didn't let him come down until he had enought for an apple pie.
Ben took Josh for a spin on the motorcycle to teach him how to ride early, we do things a little bit differently down at the ranch...
We woke up in the morning and found about 30 wild turkeys in the orchard and all Josh had to say about that was "Mom, SHOOT THEM!!!" Nice, huh?
When we got back we had Lukes birthday, which happens to be the same day as our anniversary, "fun" is not the first thing that comes to mind to have to share that day, it is actually makes for a crazy day... we will do it differently next year:) Look at his cute friends, Josh was just a bit too excited to be at Chucky Cheese, and Ben...what is he doing? Don't know, but what I do know is that I am learning too much about boys and how to be a mom to 4 of them!!!
The highlight of the past few weeks is Joes baptism. My cute, sweet Joe was smiling from ear to ear from the time he woke up on Saturday until he went to bed. He is one happy camper. My mom and dad were in town for it and that made it really special. We love our JOE.

So, now, about our anniversary. I was in charge this year, (we switch every other year). Dan's years are always so much more creative and fun. He is so good at suprising me or doing something sweet. Last year was our trip for Scotland and I think that he thinks that was enough for the next ten years. Although it was so much fun, I don't think he actually wants me to be in charge of it that many years in a row, and here is why...I must confess that I wanted to something great, but time ran out so quickly that I had no time to plan, and plus, I am not that creative. So, after doing Joshs birthday, Lukes birthday, and thinking about the baptism (and doing a flower show inbetween), I was not up for the task. WHAT DO YOU DO FOR AN ANNIVERSARY? I asked a lot of people, and dinner and a movie was about all I got. So, I did make a reservation at a nice restaurant (the day of) and then looked at the movie choices and it wasn't much. So, I acted like I had it all planned and we were going to do something great. After dinner, I told him the movie choices and we were on the same page...Nothing...so I decided to go miniature golfing (WHO DOES THAT for their anniversary?) They were closed. Then I thought of the brilliant idea to go shopping and maybe visit Rachel at the SPA (good idea). We went to the mall at 8:45p.m. and realized quickly, the mall was closing. No massage, no shopping spree, ugh! We got back in the car and I mentioned renting a movie and we both had the same reaction...naw...we were too tired, and went home! Doesn't that sound like fun? If you want me to plan any of your upcoming events please let me know.

8 comments:

Pickett Family said...

Jenny I know Dan has fun just being with you, in Scotalnd or the car, thats true love. I love your pictures, I need to send off a baptism something special. Thats so cool. Im sure your brothers were a little tired of their picture, you know it can be seen all over the world!!!!Love you.

bolingbrokes said...

you rock...I love how you think..last minute is my last name..

I love that Joe..his face on Sunday was so cute..he was smiling ear to ear...btw...thanks for updating the blog

Melissa said...

It's about time you updated your blog...:) I really can't believe how big your boys are...has it been that long since I've lived over there?

Great planning on your anniversary...some years, that's just how it goes. We just celebrated our 13th without much fanfare either!

Beka said...

your boys are such cuties! tell Joe congrats on his baptism for Danny and I, you sound like me on planning dates....i'm not the most creative, but it all works out anyway... somehow

Heather and Dave said...

I love the photos! You have the CUTEST family! Way to go, finding time in your busy life to give all of your blogging friends an update!! Joe's baptism sounded fun & so did the Ranch & Luke's bday. I think your anniversary sounded great, nothing beats a nice dinner in my book ;) can't wait to see you soon! xoxo

Rachel said...

Holy Cow - you've been busy! Oh and for the record - I'm so glad you visited me at the Spa on such a special occassion - it was a treat. I just wish I had known and could have set something up for you two. Next year I'm all over it. Love the updates~

megan&steve said...

Jenny, your comments about the pictures are hilarious. You are such a great mom to 4 boys and an awesome wife. I am not creative either- that's totally Steve's area. For our 2nd anniversary he surprised me with a plane ticket to California and passes to Disneyland and Magic Mountain. I totally plan things out and had no idea on this mini vacation! I give major props to the creative spouses out there, because its hard to think of something new to do!

Tate Family said...

I think one of my favorite anniversaries was the year we had grandma and grandpa watch the kids at their house and we stayed home alone. It's one of the few nights in the past 12 years that I have awakened ON MY OWN because I WAS DONE SLEEPING!
Thanks for your blurb on my blog--keep in touch!
Julie