Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Just Call Me Grace

O.K., So you know the warning labels on ladders...they apply to EVERYONE! I thought they were for those OTHER people who were complete idiots, not ME! I have been painting and some of the places where I have had to paint were very high and above my stairs. I borrowed a ladder that goes on stairs to make it easier. Well, in my 5 minute briefing with a 15 year old showing me how to use it and in my mind going (ya, ya, ya I got it, I've used plenty of ladders before), I guess I failed to hear that all joints must be LOCKED. So with my paint tray in one hand and roller in the other one, I climbed up to the top. Just as I stepped on the top stair I felt a slight slip, I thought that it was my imagination, quickly I realized that it was a reality and the ladder collapsed, paint and my body went flying. I landed on top of the ladder, with the ladder on top of my feet. It must have been a very graceful scene. Ben came running in to see if he needed to call 911. I thought that I had broken my foot, but luckily I did not, I just got a really attractive foot for a few weeks.
This picture doesn't give it justice, but my foot is swollen and completely bruised at the base of my toes, black, blue and yellow are the favorite colors of the month. Ya, just call me Grace and looking at this picture reminds me that I need a pedicure!!!

5 comments:

Pickett Family said...

Oh Jen, I would love to see pictures of the painted stairs, Im so glad you are O.K. If you go to one of Carries earlier blogs you wont feel so bad. You be careful little one!!!!!!!!

bolingbrokes said...

Dear Grace,
ouch ouch ouch!! i hate that feeling of knowing you are falling and that is it going to hurt. I'm glad you didn't break your foot, that would have put you out of commission for tennis, and that is way too important! glad you are ok

Melissa said...

Way to go smarty pants!! That looks like it hurts but glad it wasn't your head shattered!! That would be BAD!

J said...

Jenny!!! I am so sorry! That said...we laughed pretty hard when we read your story. Wish I could have been there to help ;) Love you!

Rachel said...

Hi grace --been there done that! I feel your pain. Stay off the ladders for a while, and call me in the morning!