Wednesday, January 16, 2008

True Love

Joe and I had a very interesting conversation the other day after school. I asked him how school was, and he said "fine, but recess was GREAT!" So, I, of course, asked about recess and his response was, "Mom, you are going to think this is WAY too old for me, but, I am in love." As I probed, he continued to tell me this story. "I was at recess and Lizzy, (a name we will be hearing a lot of in the near future), came up to me at recess and asked if I loved her and I said 'yes' and she said, 'me too'. Mom, I love her and want to marry her." I was trying to keep a straight face, because if you know Joe, he relates things in a different way, I love to hear him tell stories. He continued to tell me that, "dad was right....the girls are all over me, well....one anyway. Ben will not even believe it." He went on to tell me his real feelings as we went to my sisters house. When we got to her house, he was beaming and told her the same story, and at the end he said to her, "well, it looks like you're going to have another granddaughter." What the heck? What kid says that? We were dying. Joe is in love!!!!

9 comments:

J said...

I LOVE IT! Isn't Joe great! Wow...and to think you'll be a grandma at such a young age. Kids are the best! We love you
Juli

Pickett Family said...

Jen we have to talk!!!! Grandkids??? Where does he get this??? Did you not tell him how icky girls are??? Ill help with the wedding plans just give me the date. Happy New Year, Love you, Mindy

megan&steve said...

Of course girls are all over Joe. Duh. P.S. HEather had her baby last night!! I'm sure you will get the update/ we went to the hospital just a few hours after she arrived. Everything went well and she is perfect!

bolingbrokes said...

too funny:) I think we should definitely get a background check on this little girl, she sounds awfully pushy.. man I love that kid

Pickett Family said...

I dont have any comments on my last blog!!!! : (

Rachel said...

Oh it's only just beginning. I agree with Chris - I'm definetly about background checks....Love is in the air - embrace it.

Beka said...

oh my gosh, that is the cutest story! how funny! make sure to write that one down for him...

Melissa said...

Well of course he is in love...what did you expect? After all he can't wait forever to find true love:)

Heather and Dave said...

Just hilarious Joe! It was so fun going to lunch last week...we'll have to do it again and you can meet my little Molly! She's so fun!! I love this mom stuff & can't wait for the funny stories to begin with our little family.