Thursday, June 19, 2008

End of the school year

I can't believe how quickly this school year went by. Some of my favorite things are the end of the year activities. Talent shows, carnivals, parties etc. One thing that was new this year was the "4th grade recorder program". This was the first time I had heard of this. Boy, I didn't know that Ben had such talent. It was beautiful to say the least, ALMOST brought a tear to my eye. Way to go Ben!
Another thing that we did was to see "Kung Fu Panda" . Super cute show. My boys loved it. Now, the only problem is is that they all think that Karate is great to practice on each other (not so fun when they think they know all of the moves and end up hurting themselves and others).
We also had a suprise visit from a friend of ours that just had a baby boy. ALMOST makes me want another one, but way more fun to hold and look at and then know that I don't have to breast feed, get up every 3 hours, diaper etc. They named him Lucas- he is so cute!!!
We also fit in a party for my brother Steve. It was his birthday and we celebrated at our house for a barbeque. He is really amazing and we all love him.
We are now at the ranch and enjoying this first week here. It is beautiful weather and the campers will come on Sunday. I absolutely love coming down here and experiencing the different kind of beauty here. I am one lucky girl to be with my 5 boys here for the summer. We'll see everyone in August!!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I miss you Jen - i'm sad we didn't get together one more time before you left. I hope you have a wonderful summer at the ranch. I'm so glad for blogs and cell phones so we can keep in touch. Let's talk soon! Love Ya!

bolingbrokes said...

I miss you..can't wait to come down and play...

don't you just love the recorder..it is truly one of gods gifts to mothers..and kung fu panda was adorable..i loved it too!!

J said...

Why is it that the two of you look just as gorgeous and handsome as the day you were married? Seems mighty unfair to us....we sure do love you. BTW, did I wish you a happy birthday yet?