Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day

Memorial Day weekend is one that I look forward to every year. My whole side of the family usually comes to the ranch and we EAT, play games, fish, ride 4-wheelers, ride horses, and hang out, oh, and did I mention EAT??? This year nobody from my family was able to come except for my loyal and favorite (just in case anyone from my family is reading this, they will know how is on top of my list:)), brother Steve. He invited a few of his friends and Dans sister and her husband came along with Dan's brother and his friend. We ended up with quite a crew there. The weather was suppose to be bad, but it ended up being really nice. One of the big hits of the weekend was the "ranger" that my brother brought down. My boys were more content being all together than they ever have been. They drove around and around for hours, it was an amazing babysitter. Ben drove and notice that my two youngest have helmets on and holding on for dear life?
So, needless to say that after driving around and around in the dusty dirt 24-7, they all had a layer of dust that covered their entire bodies. I love getting them all clean after a long day of play, becaues after all, isn't that what the ranch is for?
On our way home, we ran into a man who went hunting for bear and mountain lion, he showed us the pelts of the bear and mountain lion. They weren't too excited about touching them, but they thought they were pretty cool. All I can say is that people can get all of the bear and mountain lions near our ranch that they want. :) We had a really great weekend thanks to everyone that came. I love getting together with family and friends at the ranch, it makes it a lot of fun.

5 comments:

Pickett Family said...

Im glad you had a great time, I was worried that you couldnt without us, and I know deepdown it wasnt quite as fun as when we are there, but you gave it a good effort. Happy Memorial Day, from your secretly favorite sibling

Pickett Family said...

Im glad you had a great time, I was worried that you couldnt without us, and I know deepdown it wasnt quite as fun as when we are there, but you gave it a good effort. Happy Memorial Day, from your secretly favorite sibling

megan&steve said...

We always enjoy family time at the Ranch. It reminds me of visiting Sue & Jeff at their place in Prescott. We would ride the fourwheelers around and get covered in dirt, and didn't even care that it was stuck to our teeth too.

Melissa said...

THIS is why you have 4 boys...it's gotta be pure heaven for them!

J said...

Looks like a great time!!! Of course, you didn't mention eating any birthday cake...can I plead temporary insanity??? sure do love you!